Falling for you

After laying in bed forever this morning trying to get motivated to drag my broken body out into the world, I discovered my ribs are actually bruised, and I was way more sore today than I was yesterday. New bruises popping up every so often, swelling in places that weren't swollen before... I wasn't moving too fast, and Kristin was worried so she wouldn't let me wear my slippahs. She insisted I should wear my running shoes because "they are more stable and would give better support." We headed out and walked a little ways across town and crossed the river - it did feel good to move once we got started. We had lunch at this great restaurant on the other side of the river, nice glass of wine, then enjoyed the creamiest gelato ever while sitting on a bridge over the Arno River. (Thanks Per, for the recommendation! Yum!)

Heading back to the hotel (cuz we were both starting to fade and I was hurtin' pretty bad), we had just gotten off the bridge when all of a sudden I tripped and was (once again) flat on my face! (This could only happen to me!) After a second of realizing I wasn't hurt any more than I already was, I just started laughing and said (out loud) "Seriously?!" Kristin started laughing too and within seconds we were laughing so hard we were crying - all while I'm still laying face down on the hot Italian bricks! Kristin somehow squeezed out a few words: "Can I take a picture?? Can I take a picture??" So we actually got documentation this time... The people working at the bank right next to us were looking out very concerned - until they saw we were hysterically laughing - it was by far one of the funniest moments of the entire trip! ...I really wish Kristin would stop shoving me to the ground just to get a photo opportunity.

We did make it back to our hotel room - where I will be protected from any further injury today. So much for my stable and supportive running shoes.

:) jen

No comments: